Deep River Church of Christ in High Point would like to invite you to their annual Helping Hands Day, coming up on Saturday, September 22nd, from 7 am to 12 noon. They have clothing, furniture, toiletries, canned goods and other items available to anyone in need.
Attached is the September-October Smith Sentinel Newsletter. The monthly activity calendars are inside the newsletter.
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Open House and Holistic Health & Wellness Fair (page 1)
- September & October activities (page 2)
- “Booked for Lunch” Book Club reading list (page 2)
- New Water Aerobics classes begin September 10 (page 3)
- Attractions Coupon Books on sale now (page 4)
- Senior Center Advisory Committee seeks four new members (page 6)
- WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) Workshop begins September 10 (page 6)
- Writing Classes begin September 12 (page 12)
- Trip Planning Meeting on October 22 (page 12)
- Flu Shots and Medicine Collection will take place during Open House on September 13 (page 13)
- Bus Trips and monthly outings (page 14)
- Seniors Hiking Club begins new season on September 5 (page 15)
- Smith Senior Center celebrates 20 Years (page 15)
- New Ukulele Classes begin September 4 (page 16)
- Bocce Tournament on October 12 (page 16)
We are conducting our annual satisfaction survey for Smith Senior Center’s programs, classes and services. If you haven’t already taken the survey, it is available online until September 30th at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/smithseniors Paper copies are available at the front desk from September 1-15. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Housing Services – Weatherization Assistance is moving from Fridays to Tuesday mornings from 8:30-11:00 am beginning Tuesday, September 4.
Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!
Despite the name, the Greensboro Children’s Museum has programs for all ages. We are excited to spread the word on their upcoming adult cooking classes. The next class is Saturday, August 25th at 5 pm. This is a great opportunity for adults of all ages to learn a new skill and socialize! Some classes are as low as $25.
Click here for a complete calendar of adult events and to register online for classes.