Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
A Memory Screening is a simple and safe “healthy brain check-up” that tests memory and other thinking skills. It’s like many other routine health check-ups. It’s a simple, non-invasive test designed to gauge memory, thinking and language skills. Screenings consist of a series of questions and tasks, are administered by qualified healthcare professionals and last only about 10 minutes.
While a screening result is not a diagnosis, scoring below the normal threshold can signal whether an individual should seek a thorough evaluation from his or her physician.
FREE MEMORY SCREENINGS
• WHEN: September 17, 18 and 19 between 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
• WHERE: The Memory Care Center, 2701 Henry St. in Greensboro
• REGISTRATION: Space is limited, and a screening appointment must be made in advance. To schedule your Memory Screening, please call (336) 274-3559 on Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Please Note: The screenings are open to the Community and are for individuals who have not already received a formal Dementia diagnosis.
Attached is the Sept-Oct Smith Sentinel Newsletter for Smith ACTIVE ADULT Center. We officially become an Active Adult Center September 1!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Open House and Holistic Health & Wellness Fair (cover)
- September & October activities (page 2)
- “Booked for Lunch” Reading List (page 2)
- Water Aerobics classes (page 3)
- Attractions Coupon Books for 2019-20 (page 4)
- Bus Trips and Outings (page 14)
- Hiking Club begins September 4 (page 15)
- Writing Class (page 15)
- Pickleball Clinics (page 16)
- Fall Tournaments (page 16)
If you haven’t completed our annual satisfaction survey yet, the online survey is open until September 30. Click here for the survey. Paper copies of the survey are available at the center’s front desk until September 17.